Baldness & Hair Loss
Alopecia is a medical condition that causes you to lose hair in patches on the scalp and anywhere else on the body.
Common causes in balding (androgenetic alopecia) that occur in men and women are due to the effect of testosterone metabolites, in genetically susceptible hair follicles. Thyroid disease, anaemia, protein deficiency, secondary syphilis, chemotherapy, and low vitamin levels may also cause hair loss.
WANT TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT?
Our Recommended Treatments
DR. CYJ Hair Filler
- Targets: Hair loss, alopecia, thinning hair, increasing hair transplant survival rate
- Treatment: DR. CYJ Hair Filler promotes blood circulation in the scalp and revitalises hair follicles, inducing hair growth by increasing the size of hair follicles and stopping hair loss. Suppression of the expression of a hair-loss related gene in men and women
- Method: Hair filler injection
- Downtime: nil
- Frequency: 8-week programme (1 session every 2 weeks)
- Targets: Ageing Skin, dull skin, sagging skin, acne scars, pigmentation, wrinkles
- Treatment: PRP stands for Platelet Rich Plasma. Your blood is drawn- typically from your arm -and put into a centrifuge (a machine that spins rapidly to separate fluids of different densities). The platelet-rich plasma is drawn up into a syringe and then injected into areas of the scalp that need increased hair growth. PRP injections trigger natural hair growth and maintain it by increasing blood supply to the hair follicle and increasing the thickness of the hair shaft. Sometimes this approach is combined with other hair loss procedures or medications
- Method: Injection
- Downtime: Lunchtime procedure
- Frequency: First 3 sessions monthly then maintenance once every 3-6 months (depending on the patient)
BIOFIBRE Hair Implant System
- Targets: Baldness or alopecia
- Treatment: BIOFIBRE is a safe, simple, and light aesthetic procedure involving a special implanter and Biofibre prosthetic hair – which is aesthetically identical to natural hair – which is inserted into the scalp with minimal discomfort until the desired hair density is obtained
- Method: Hair implant
- Downtime: 3 days
- Frequency: 1-2 sessions
- Targets: Hair loss for men and women
- Treatment: The Theradome® brings you the world’s most advanced laser hair growth treatment to enjoy from the comfort of your own home. The laser light emitted targets the stem cells at the base of hair follicles and delivers a hair growth treatment dose that improves the density and overall quality of hair while accelerating hair regrowth.
- Method: Laser Phototherapy
- Downtime: nil
- Frequency: 20 mins x 2 times per week